Our face masks
do so much more
The difference between our face masks and others? It's in the good they do. Protecting you and protecting vulnerable communities. Like all Cotton On Foundation products, 100% of proceeds go towards supporting our global education and health projects around the world. So you can wear a mask that's making an even bigger difference.
Thanks to you, our face masks have raised $12.5M AUD globally—and counting!
The life changing impact
We work alongside and support communities across Uganda, South Africa, Thailand and Australia. Communities whose everyday challenges like access to clean water, food and essential medical services are even more amplified during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your amazing support means we’ve been able to respond rapidly and work with global partners to make the biggest possible difference.
In partnership with UNICEF, we’ve committed funds to:
- Support the delivery of over 1 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to vulnerable communities around the world
- Supply one oxygen plant for Masaka Regional Referral Hospital in Uganda, which can produce large volumes of life-saving medical oxygen
- Provide 100,000 pieces of PPE to medical centres, frontline workers, schools and community outlets across Southern Uganda
And in the last 12 months, we’ve continued to build healthy communities:
- 557,208 meals distributed globally
- 24,405 health centre visits in Uganda
- 2,630 sanitary pad kits distributed to girls globally, so they don’t miss school because of their periods
- 52,000 units of PPE and personal hygiene items distributed globally
- 3 new water tanks installed in Uganda, delivering over 4.68 million litres of drinking water per year
We’ll be sharing more soon, so watch this space!
The technical stuff
We worked hard to get our masks right, so that they’re breathable and comfortable enough to wear all day. They have a soft wire to help them sit in place over the nose and adjustable elastic ear straps. They’re made up of three layers; the outer two are made from cotton and the inner layer is PTFE (Teflon), which is the filter membrane. They’re tested to a KN90 standard and filter at least 90% of airborne particles down to pm2.5. That includes particles resulting from wildfires, general pathogens and air pollution. Our masks are not intended for clinical use, but will help to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
The care factor
Our face masks are reusable and made to last up to 50 washes. Here’s how to care for them to keep them at their best.
- Wash in warm water and detergent before the first wear and after each use
- Air-dry in direct sunlight if possible
- Store in a clean bag between uses so they don’t pick up dirt or dust
“These are the most breathable and comfortable masks, and I say this as an asthmatic.”
— Kim, Canberra, Australia
“Great quality and so much better than the disposable ones. Love how proceeds go to the Foundation :)”
— Lexi, Auckland, New Zealand
“Great fit. Easy care when washing. Stays in shape. Total value for money.”
— Jarrod, Victoria, Australia
You're doing so good
You’re changing lives with every Cotton On Foundation purchase. 100% of proceeds go towards empowering youth through quality education and wellbeing projects.
Do they protect against COVID-19?
Our reusable face masks are tested to a KN90 standard and filter at least 90% of airborne particles down to pm2.5. The masks have three layers; the outer two are made from cotton and the inner layer is PTFE (Teflon), which is the filter membrane. They filter particles like those resulting from wildfires, general pathogens and air pollution. They are not intended for clinical use, but will help to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Can you wash and reuse them?
Yes you can. Hand wash your mask in warm water after each use and air to dry.
How long do they last?
Your reusable masks last up to 50 washes. This is guided by the World Health Organisation’s standards on the usage of masks. You can find more info here.
Where do the proceeds go?
Like all our Cotton On Foundation products, 100% of proceeds go towards empowering youth through quality education and access to healthcare.
Where are the masks manufactured?
Our face masks are manufactured in China, with each mask containing certification from global independent testing labs.