Returns and Exchanges
Change of Mind Returns
"Change of mind" includes purchases you have made in error eg accidentally ordered the wrong size or colour, items that don't fit the way that you would like or unwanted gifts.
We will accept change of mind returns provided they meet the following guidelines:
✔ Return within 30 days
**we will accept returns within 60 days for Cotton On Baby & Cotton On Kids Swimwear provided all other conditions are met
✔ Return with proof of purchase
✔ Item must be unworn, unwashed, unused with all original tags/labels attached
✔ Protective hygiene sticker must be in place for swimwear returns
✔ Returns must be made within the country of purchase
✔ Purchases must be returned to a store of the same brand unless the store is a multi-store including that brand
✔ Item is not listed as an excluded item as outlined below
Excluded items (for change of mind returns):
✘ Gift Cards
✘ Personalised Product
Faulty Product Returns
If something is faulty, incorrectly described or different from the sample shown we will provide an exchange or refund provided the item is returned within a reasonable time with proof of purchase.
Can't find your receipt? A bank statement will be fine. If you don't have that, get in touch and we'll do our best to track it down.
Returns Process (In-Store)
- Take your item(s) to a Cotton On & Co store in New Zealand that stocks the brand of the item(s) you’d like to return. To find your nearest store, visit our Store Finder
- Provide the team member in store your unwanted item, proof of purchase and if you paid using a credit card please bring the same card with you.
- Once the returns policy has been met, we'll offer an exchange or refund on the spot.
Exchanges for the same item in a different size will not incur any additional charges. If the new item is a different product (including a different colour) and there is a price difference you may need to pay the difference or receive a partial refund.
If you request a refund, the purchase price (excluding delivery charges for online orders) will be refunded to you using the original payment method so if you paid cash we can offer a cash refund. If you paid using a card, please bring the same card with you as we will refund back onto your card.
Returns Process (Online)
If your purchase was made online (including Click & Collect) you may choose to return to our online store. In store purchases must be returned in store.
- Complete your returns form and pack together with the items you would like to return
- Address your return to Cotton On Online Returns PO Box 201220, Airport Oaks, Auckland, 2150
- Purchase postage and drop your return to your nearest post office/box
Once received, we'll process the refund and notify you via email. Your refund will be credited back to you in the next 1-5 days, depending on the payment method used to place your order.
If the item returned does not meet our Returns and Exchange Policy above your order will be sent back to you.
If your purchase was made using Afterpay, please contact our Customer Service Team here to organise a return.