Returns and Exchanges
Free returns in-store and online
Faulty ReturnsIf the products you have purchased from us are faulty, wrongly described or different from a sample shown, then we will meet our legal obligations in the country in which the products were purchased.
Change of Mind Returns
If you change your mind about the products you have purchased from us online or in-store, we will refund the purchase price, or exchange those products in-store in the country in which they were purchased, subject to the following conditions:
- Products purchased from any Cotton On Group retail or online store can be returned at any time by the customer with proof of purchase;
- The returned items must not be swimwear, underwear, earrings, cosmetics, charity items, seconds, samples customised/personalised items or gift cards;
- All items will be returned to the original forms of payment, otherwise an exchange or store credit will be issued;
- Items must be in original sale condition (unworn, unwashed, or otherwise unused with original tags/labels attached);
- You may be asked to provide personal details for returns or exchanges. These details will be used for the purpose of processing the return; and
- Items purchased online can be returned in store with proof of purchase. In the case of online purchases, refunds will not include the cost of shipping, except as provided below.
Shipping costs may be refunded on faulty items only if the entire order is being returned and the customer provides proof of the shipping amount.
Returns Process (In-Store)
- Take your item(s) to a Cotton On brand store in Australia that stocks the brand of the item(s) you’d like to return. To find your nearest store, visit our Store Finder
- Provide the team member in store your unwanted item, proof of purchase and if you paid using a credit card please bring the same card with you.
- Once the returns policy has been met, we'll offer an exchange or refund on the spot.
Exchanges for the same item in a different size will not incur any additional charges. If the new item is a different product (including a different colour) and there is a price difference you may need to pay the difference or receive a partial refund.
If you request a refund, the purchase price (excluding delivery charges for online orders) will be refunded to you using the original payment method so if you paid cash we can offer a cash refund. If you paid using a card, please bring the same card with you as we will refund back to your card.
Returns Process (Online)
If your purchase was made online (including Click & Collect) you may choose to return to our online store. In store purchases must be returned in store.
- Visit the Help Centre and select the option to Start a Return
- You will receive an instant reply with a link to create your FREE domestic returns label
- Pack the products you would like to return, attach your returns label & post!
Once received, we'll process the refund and notify you via email. Your refund will be credited back to you in the next 1-5 days, depending on the payment method used to place your order.
If the item returned does not meet our Returns and Exchange Policy above your order will be sent back to you.